- JCP&L – Approximately 370,000 of 1.2 million JCP&L customers affected by Hurricane Sandy remain without power. Many of the remaining customers will be restored by Wednesday, November 7. Customers in harder-hit areas can expect to be restored throughout the following week. In some areas where roads, infrastructure, homes and businesses were destroyed, restoration is currently impossible.
- Mon Power – Approximately 32,000 of 201,000 customers impacted remain without power. Heavy snow has hampered accessibility to much of the area, slowing the restoration process. The majority of affected customers in counties served by Mon Power are expected to be restored by midnight Friday. Restoration for customers in the most heavily damaged areas, including parts of Barbour, Braxton, Clay, Grant, Nicholas, Preston, Randolph, Tucker and Webster counties, may continue into the weekend. These estimated times may change as damage assessments are completed.
- Metropolitan Edison (Met-Ed) – Of the approximately 270,000 customers originally impacted by the storm, about 260,000 have been restored. Met-Ed expects to complete restoration to the vast majority of those remaining customers throughout today. In the Easton and Pocono areas, there may be some customers who are not restored until Tuesday.
- Potomac Edison – More than 150,000 Potomac Edison customers were impacted by Hurricane Sandy, and approximately 4,000 remain without power. Restoration to Potomac Edison customers in West Virginia has been completed. In Maryland, the majority of customers in the Frederick County area are expected to be restored by midnight tonight. In hard-hit Garrett County, where heavy snow has slowed damage assessment from the storm, the majority of customers will be restored by midnight Tuesday.
- The Illuminating Company (CEI) – More than 288,000 CEI customers lost power as a result of Hurricane Sandy. Less than 900 remain without power and will be restored by midnight tonight.
Around-the-Clock Restoration Efforts Continue For FirstEnergy Customers Affected By Hurricane Sandy
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.