- Core Earnings, a non-GAAP financial measure, of $12.5 million, or $0.36 per basic and diluted share and net income attributable to common stockholders of $10.5 million, or $0.30 per basic and diluted share; core earnings and net income in the third quarter of 2012 were inclusive of approximately $0.05 per share and $0.06 per share, respectively, of combined bankruptcy and related transaction expenses for our Hotel Portfolio investment and loss from our investment in the single-family home rental platform
- During the quarter, the Company invested approximately $157 million, composed of $75 million additional equity into our single family home rental strategy (for a current investment total of approximately $150 million), $45 million into a new origination with a 15% yield to finance a Class A office building acquisition and $37 million into a discounted purchase of seven first mortgage loans collateralized by retail, industrial and land assets at 73% of par
- Raised net proceeds of approximately $149 million through the sale of 8,050,000 shares of the Company’s common stock to an underwriter at a net price of $18.53 per share and net proceeds of approximately $106 million through a re-opening of the Company’s Series A preferred stock priced at a premium to par from the inaugural March 2012 issuance
- Declared and paid a third quarter dividend of $0.35 per share of common stock, consistent with the second quarter
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company agreed to invest an additional $127 million including an incremental $75 million into our single family home rental strategy (for a total investment of $225 million), $18 million into a commercial bank loan portfolio acquisition at a purchase price of 53% of par and $34 million into two new originations that have a blended current interest rate of approximately 11.5%
- Subsequent to quarter end, the Company filed a plan in bankruptcy court to restructure the existing mortgage debt, sell a minority equity stake, change hotel management and re-flag its 103 property Hotel Portfolio; the Company also continued to make good progress resolving loans in our domestic and European loan portfolios including the resolution of an asset in one of our German loan portfolios which will result in a fourth quarter gain of approximately €1.9 million or $2.2 million
Colony Financial Announces Third Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.