Emeritus Corporation (NYSE: ESC), a national provider of senior living services, today announced its third quarter 2012 results.
Operating Summary for Third Quarter 2012 Compared to Third Quarter 2011
- Community and management fee revenue increased $5.9 million, or 1.8%, to $329.2 million
- Adjusted EBITDAR increased $1.8 million, or 2.0%, to $92.2 million
- CFFO per share, as adjusted, increased to $0.40 from $0.37
- Same community average monthly revenue per occupied unit increased 1.9% to $4,179
- Same community average occupancy increased 30 basis points to 87.4%
Granger Cobb, President and Chief Executive Officer commented, “This has been an exciting few months. As we expected and communicated earlier in the year, we have started to experience positive movement in both occupancy and rate. In addition, we secured a significant initial return on the recently announced transaction that will consolidate 142 previously managed communities, and an ongoing return over time as we operate those communities under lease agreements. Finally, we have enhanced our senior living service capabilities and synergies by expanding into the home health care business with the acquisition of Nurse on Call.”
2012 Third Quarter Consolidated ResultsTotal revenue in the third quarter of 2012 increased 1.8% to $381.1 million compared to the third quarter of 2011. Excluding the impact of reimbursed costs incurred on behalf of managed communities, community and management fee revenues increased $5.9 million, or 1.8%, to $329.2 million. The increase consisted of $6.8 million from improved rate and occupancy in our same community portfolio, partially offset by reductions resulting from community dispositions. Total average monthly revenue per occupied unit for the consolidated portfolio increased 3.3% to $4,198 in the third quarter of 2012 from $4,065 in the third quarter of 2011. In the third quarter of 2012, total average occupancy for the consolidated portfolio increased 60 basis points to 87.1% compared to 86.5% in the third quarter of 2011. The increase was due to improved occupancy in the same community portfolio as well as dispositions of lower-occupancy communities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV