Affymetrix, Inc., (NASDAQ: AFFX) today reported its operating results for the third quarter of 2012. Total revenue for the quarter was $79.6 million, including approximately $17.6 million in revenue from eBioscience during the third quarter of 2012. This compares to total revenue of $64.0 million for the same period of 2011.
The Company reported a net loss of approximately $17.9 million, or $0.25 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2012, which included the following one-time items: (1) acquisition-related and integration costs of $1.9 million and (2) impairment of the West Sacramento facility of $4.0 million. Excluding these one-time items and recurring amortization of acquired intangible assets of $5.0 million and release of step-up in inventory fair value of $4.5 million, the Company would have reported a net loss of $2.4 million, or $0.03 per diluted share. This compares to a net loss of $9.8 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011, which included one-time impairment charges on investments totaling $0.7 million and a reserve on a note receivable from a private biotechnology company of $2.2 million, and recurring amortization of acquired intangible assets of $1.5 million. Excluding these charges, net loss was $5.3 million, or $0.08 per diluted share, for the third quarter of 2011.
Revenue for the third quarter of 2012 was comprised of product revenue of $72.7 million and service and other revenue of $6.9 million. Product revenue included consumable revenue of $50.5 million excluding eBioscience, instrument revenue of $4.6 million and revenue from eBioscience of $17.6 million. This compares to total revenue of $64.0 million in the third quarter of 2011, comprised of product revenue of $57.0 million and service and other revenue of $7.0 million. Product revenue included consumable revenue of $52.9 million and instrument revenue of $4.1 million in the third quarter of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV