Jefferies rates Bank of New York Mellon a "Hold," with a $25 price target, with Usdin estimating the firm will earn $2.02 a share for all of 2012, followed by earnings of $2.35 a share in 2013 and EPS of $2.65 in 2014. BNY has now returned 29% year-to-date, following a 33% decline in 2011. The shares trade for 2.2 times tangible book value, and for 10.5 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $2.39. Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.07%.
Interested in more on Bank of New York Mellon? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Usdin also has a "Hold" rating on Northern Trust, with a $48 price target. The analyst estimates that the company's operating earnings for all of 2012 will total $2.92 a share, increasing to $3.40 in 2013 and $3.60 in 2014. Northern Trust's shares have now returned 25% year-to-date, following a 27% decline last year. The shares trade for 1.7 times tangible book value, and for 15 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $3.34. Based on a quarterly payout of 30 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 2.47%.
Interested in more on Northern Trust? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV