ExxonMobil continues to work to support distribution of gasoline and fuel throughout the area affected by Hurricane Sandy and is donating $1 million to the American Red Cross for disaster relief assistance in New York, New Jersey and the Caribbean.
“Hurricane Sandy has had a devastating impact on people and communities along the east coast and in the Caribbean,” said Andrew W. Madden, vice president of supply and transportation, ExxonMobil Refining & Supply Company. “It’s our hope that ExxonMobil’s donation to the Red Cross will help provide comfort to those affected and help people rebuild their lives as quickly as possible.”
ExxonMobil’s three terminals in Massachusetts and Rhode Island are operating normally and the company does not own or operate any gas stations, fuel terminals or refineries in the impacted areas. ExxonMobil has been working with distributors, suppliers and local, state and federal agencies to re-establish the fuel supply infrastructure, including:
- Shipping additional fuel supplies from the U.S. Gulf Coast and Canada into the Northeast.
- Working with its distributors to secure additional fuel delivery trucks from other locations to help get fuel to service stations.
- Helping distributors secure additional fuel sources for independently owned Exxon and Mobil-branded stations as well as other stations in the area.
An ExxonMobil Fuel Finder mobile application and station locator website has been updated to notify consumers which independently owned Exxon and Mobil stations in the New York and New Jersey metro area have electricity and may be operating.About ExxonMobil ExxonMobil, the largest publicly traded international oil and gas company, uses technology and innovation to help meet the world’s growing energy needs. ExxonMobil holds an industry-leading inventory of resources, is the largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products and its chemical company is one of the largest in the world. For more information, visit exxonmobil.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV