Election and Housing: Is Your Home's Value Better Off?
"Consumers' average home price change expectation is 1.5%, consistent with recent periods and marking nearly a full year in which home price expectations have been positive," according to Fannie Mae's National Housing Survey, released in early October. "Thirty-seven percent of those surveyed expect home prices to go up in the next year, the highest level since the survey's inception in June 2010."
Confidence is up and national home price statistics are up, but 10.8 million, or 22.3% of all homeowners with a mortgage, owe more on that mortgage than their home is currently worth, according to CoreLogic. An additional 2.3 million borrowers have less than five percent equity in their homes, making it very difficult to move up or even out.
Still, all real estate is local, so take a look to see where you might be:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV