BankUnited (NYSE: BKU) provided a $40 million commercial loan to Star Computer Group, Inc. to be used for working capital. The transaction closed in late September.
Founded in 1994, Star Computer Group, Inc. operates as a smart phone and computer products wholesale distributor based in Miami with additional offices in Colombia, Mexico, Panama and Argentina.
“BankUnited is taking a leadership role in helping the South Florida economy improve and we have made assisting local businesses to support their growth strategies a primary focus,” said Nic Bustle, BankUnited senior executive vice president, corporate and commercial banking.
CIMA Capital Partners, LLC, acted as financial advisors to Star Computer Group in this transaction. CEO Henry Waissmann and CFO Hugo Beltran are principals of Star Computer Group.BankUnited (NYSE: BKU), headquartered in Miami Lakes, Fla., provides a wide range of commercial and consumer banking services to businesses and consumers in 15 Florida counties through more than 95 branches. For additional information, call (877) 779-2265 or visit www.BankUnited.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV