Seattle Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGEN) today announced that more than a dozen abstracts, in addition to several collaborator abstracts, for both ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) and investigational antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) will be presented at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting taking place in Atlanta, Georgia, December 8 – 11, 2012. ADCETRIS is an ADC directed to CD30, which is known to be expressed in Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) and systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma (sALCL), as well as in some types of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma (CTCL), B-cell lymphomas and mature T-cell lymphomas (MTCL). Seattle Genetics is broadly evaluating CD30 expression in many other cancer types. ADCETRIS is currently not approved for use in CTCL, B-cell lymphomas, and front-line treatment of HL or MTCL.
"The comprehensive data presented at ASH 2012 support our goal to establish ADCETRIS as the foundation of therapy for a broad array of CD30-positive malignancies and redefine therapy in the front-line setting of HL and MTCL,” said Clay B. Siegall, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Seattle Genetics. "As a pioneer in developing ADC therapies, we continue to innovate by expanding the ADCETRIS program into CD30-positive malignancies, advancing additional ADC pipeline candidates, and supporting the progress of our collaborator ADC programs. These important advances represent our continued innovation and ADC leadership position."
Seattle Genetics is the leader in developing ADCs, a technology designed to harness the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Of the approximately 30 ADC candidates currently in development, more than half utilize Seattle Genetics’ proprietary ADC technology. Multiple company, investigator and collaborator presentations will be presented at ASH, including data on ADCETRIS in many types of CD30-positive malignancies and preclinical data from a new ADC product candidate called SGN-CD33A. Abstract presentations planned at ASH can be found at www.hematology.org and include the following:
ADCETRIS Data in the Front-line Setting
- Results from a phase I trial evaluating front-line therapy with ADCETRIS combined with multi-agent chemotherapy in newly diagnosed advanced stage HL (Abstract number 798, oral presentation, Monday, December 10, 2012)
- Results from a phase I trial evaluating ADCETRIS in combination with multi-agent chemotherapy as front-line treatment of systemic ALCL and other types of CD30-positive MTCL (Abstract number 60, oral presentation, Sunday, December 9, 2012)
- Results from a phase II trial evaluating ADCETRIS in the treatment of relapsed or refractory mycosis fungoides – the most common type of CTCL (Abstract number 797, oral presentation, Monday, December 10, 2012)
- Results from a phase II study of ADCETRIS in CD30-positive CTCL and lymphoproliferative disorders (Abstract number 3688, poster presentation, Monday, December 10, 2012)
- Multiple data presentations on ADCETRIS in HL (Abstract numbers 3687,3689, 3699, 3701)
- Interim results from a phase II trial of ADCETRIS in relapsed or refractory CD30-positive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) (Abstract number 2746, poster presentation, Sunday, December 9, 2012)
- ADCETRIS data presentations in other CD30-positive malignancies and long-term follow-up from a pivotal trial in relapsed sALCL (Abstract numbers 1558, 2857, 2745)
- Preclinical antitumor activity from a novel CD33-directed ADC called SGN-CD33A in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) (Abstract number 3589, poster presentation, Monday, December 10, 2012)
- Results from phase I clinical trials of ADCs targeting CD22 and CD79b being developed by ADC collaborator Genentech (Abstract numbers 59, 56, poster presentations, Sunday, December 9, 2012)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts