Bruker (BRKR) is engaged in designing, manufacturing, marketing and servicing proprietary life science and materials research systems based on its core technology platforms. This stock is trading up 10% at $13.92 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 954,000
Average Volume: 691,806Volume % Change: 132% Shares of BRKR are soaring today after the company said its third quarter net income doubled, helped by easy comparisons to a prior-year period weighed down by more than twice as much in one-time charges. From a technical perspective, BRKR is gapping sharply higher here right off its 50-day at $12.65 and back above its 200-day at $13.96 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing BRKR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once BRKR takes out some key overhead resistance levels at $13.85 to $14.29 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BRKR as long as it's trending above today's low of $13.72, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 691,806 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then BRKR will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $15.75 to $17.01. At the time of publication, author had no positions in stocks mentioned. Roberto Pedone, based out of Windermere, Fla., is an independent trader who focuses on technical analysis for small- and large-cap stocks, options, futures, commodities and currencies. Roberto studied international business at the Milwaukee School of Engineering, and he spent a year overseas studying business in Lubeck, Germany. His work has appeared on financial outlets including CNBC.com and Forbes.com . You can follow Pedone on Twitter at www.twitter.com/zerosum24 or @zerosum24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV