HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Before walking down the aisle, "Bridal Wave" Season Two winner Jacquelin Johnson will walk away with a $10,000 Kenmore kitchen makeover. Jacquelin was one of eight brides featured on the live and online reality wedding series "Bridal Wave," chronicling her wedding-planning journey while receiving invaluable guidance from leading wedding industry experts. As part of the show, brides created personal blogs on www.kenmore.com to engage with friends, family and fans for the chance to win the kitchen makeover.
Jacquelin and fiance Mike Pohl look forward to creating their ultimate kitchen and entertaining family and friends. They will have a choice of the latest Kenmore innovations including the Kenmore Elite® Grab-N-Go™ Refrigerator. It features a separate refrigerator compartment accessible from the outside with a simple push of a button to keep most-often-used items such as snacks, drinks and leftovers, within easy reach.
To help newlyweds get a jumpstart on outfitting their home with top performing appliances, visit the Sears Gift Registry for great Kenmore small kitchen appliance ideas. From the sleek and modern Kenmore Elite® Bowl Lift Stand Mixer that boasts 10 speeds and 600 watts to effortlessly knead, mix, whip and whisk any recipe, to the Kenmore Elite® Portable Induction Cooktop that is perfect for tailgating, patio grilling and the countertop, evenly heating only the pan's cooking surface so there's no open flame, there are thousands of gifts to choose from.
Filmed at the Kenmore Craftsman Brand Live Experience in Chicago and streamed live on www.kenmore.com/bridalwave, the eight-week show featured leading wedding experts such as Michael Anthony from Michael Anthony Salon Spa, Sugar Bliss Cakes and top wedding dress designers from Nicole Miller, Watters, Angel Rivera Couture and Elda de la Rosa, showcasing the latest wedding dress trends in live fashion shows."It helps to have a community behind you when building a marriage and home," said Michael Castleman, president, Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard and SVP Sears Holdings. "We're bringing together Kenmore products, resources and reach in digital and social media, along with relationships with industry experts to deliver the power of community in helping prepare couples as they embark on their new lives together." Bridal Trends Uncovered Throughout the series many brides and wedding experts provided insight on nuptial trends, including these five most popular ceremony ideas:
- Substituting Sweets: Many couples are opting for sweet treats like donuts, cupcakes and cake pops instead of the traditional wedding cake.
- Adding a Furry Member to the Wedding Party: Including dogs and other pets in the wedding, often as ring bearers, has become more common as they are considered an important part of the family, too.
- Filming the Fun: Many couples still want to capture the full day – each moment in action – since they're often busy visiting with guests.
- Offering Late-Night Grub: Booking a food truck for the end of the reception is just as trendy as food trucks themselves – and your guests will need a snack after getting down on the dance floor all night!
- Adding DIY Photo Booths: Capturing guests' personalities with props is a fun way to add unique photos and memories to the special day.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts