2. As of noon trading, Aetna ( AET) is down $0.22 (-0.5%) to $43.78 on light volume Thus far, 3.2 million shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.36-$44.11 after having opened the day at $44.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.00. Aetna Inc. operates as a diversified health care benefits company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Health Care, Group Insurance, and Large Case Pensions. Aetna has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 5.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Aetna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Aetna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, increase in net income and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Aetna Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts