3. As of noon trading, WellPoint ( WLP) is down $0.50 (-0.8%) to $60.64 on light volume Thus far, 742,004 shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.29-$61.23 after having opened the day at $61.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.14. WellPoint, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a health benefits company in the United States. The company offers various network-based managed care plans to large and small employer, individual, Medicaid, and senior markets. WellPoint has a market cap of $20.1 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate WellPoint a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates WellPoint as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full WellPoint Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts