3. As of noon trading, American Express ( AXP) is down $0.62 (-1.1%) to $56.09 on light volume Thus far, 2.0 million shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $55.85-$56.46 after having opened the day at $56.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.71. American Express Company provides charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services to customers worldwide. American Express has a market cap of $63.6 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate American Express a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full American Express Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts