4. As of noon trading, Discover Financial Services ( DFS) is down $0.70 (-1.7%) to $40.28 on light volume Thus far, 2.8 million shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $39.96-$40.91 after having opened the day at $40.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.98. Discover Financial Services, a bank holding company, offers direct banking and payment services in the United States. It operates in two segments, Direct Banking and Payment Services. Discover Financial Services has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 72.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Discover Financial Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Discover Financial Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts