4. As of noon trading, MetLife ( MET) is down $0.18 (-0.5%) to $34.52 on light volume Thus far, 4.3 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.13-$34.64 after having opened the day at $34.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.70. MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East. MetLife has a market cap of $37.7 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full MetLife Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts