2. As of noon trading, Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) is down $0.39 (-2.1%) to $18.10 on light volume Thus far, 9.7 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.96-$18.35 after having opened the day at $18.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.49. Chesapeake Energy Corporation engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of natural gas and oil properties in the United States. The company also offers marketing, midstream, drilling, and other oilfield services. Chesapeake Energy has a market cap of $13.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 45.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 17.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Chesapeake Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 18 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Chesapeake Energy as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its a solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have looked at. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts