3. As of noon trading, BP ( BP) is down $0.40 (-0.9%) to $42.14 on average volume Thus far, 3.9 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $42.01-$42.38 after having opened the day at $42.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.54. BP p.l.c. provides fuel for transportation, energy for heat and light, lubricants to engines, and petrochemicals products. BP has a market cap of $136.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate BP a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BP as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full BP Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts