4. As of noon trading, Suncor Energy ( SU) is down $0.44 (-1.3%) to $34.39 on light volume Thus far, 2.0 million shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $34.32-$34.82 after having opened the day at $34.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.83. Suncor Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company. Suncor Energy has a market cap of $53.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Suncor Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Suncor Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts