1. As of noon trading, Merck ( MRK) is down $0.63 (-1.4%) to $45.37 on light volume Thus far, 5.2 million shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.31-$46.00 after having opened the day at $45.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.00. Merck & Co., Inc. provides various health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health, and consumer care products. Merck has a market cap of $139.9 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Merck a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Merck as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, increase in net income, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Merck Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts