3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Goods Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, Philip Morris International ( PM) is down $1.03 (-1.2%) to $85.90 on light volume Thus far, 2.8 million shares of Philip Morris International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $85.66-$87.45 after having opened the day at $86.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.93. Philip Morris International Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells cigarettes and other tobacco products. Philip Morris International has a market cap of $147.7 billion and is part of the tobacco industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Philip Morris International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Philip Morris International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Philip Morris International Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts