3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Durables Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Mattel ( MAT) is down $0.17 (-0.5%) to $36.29 on light volume Thus far, 876,965 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $36.08-$36.44 after having opened the day at $36.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.46. Mattel, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets various toy products. Its products comprise fashion dolls and accessories, vehicles and play sets, and games and puzzles. Mattel has a market cap of $12.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Mattel a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mattel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Mattel Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer durables industry could consider Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR ( XLY) while those bearish on the consumer durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts