2. As of noon trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) is up $0.16 (0.3%) to $61.29 on average volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $60.71-$62.02 after having opened the day at $61.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.13. Norfolk Southern Corporation, through its subsidiaries, engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the United States. Norfolk Southern Corporation has a market cap of $19.5 billion and is part of the transportation industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Norfolk Southern Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts