3. As of noon trading, TJX Companies ( TJX) is up $0.54 (1.3%) to $42.06 on light volume Thus far, 2.2 million shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $41.25-$42.14 after having opened the day at $41.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.52. The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. TJX Companies has a market cap of $31.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 31.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full TJX Companies Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts