4. As of noon trading, Dover Corporation ( DOV) is up $2.02 (3.5%) to $60.60 on light volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Dover Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.65-$61.38 after having opened the day at $60.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.58. Dover Corporation manufactures and sells a range of specialized products and components, and provides related services and consumables. The company operates in four segments: Communication Technologies, Energy, Engineered Systems, and Printing & Identification. Dover Corporation has a market cap of $10.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Dover Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dover Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Dover Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts