4. As of noon trading, Becton Dickinson ( BDX) is up $0.98 (1.3%) to $76.65 on light volume Thus far, 327,346 shares of Becton Dickinson exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 952,700 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $75.40-$76.66 after having opened the day at $75.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.67. Becton, Dickinson and Company, a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and sells medical devices, instrument systems, and reagents worldwide. The company's BD Medical segment produces medical devices that are used in various healthcare settings. Becton Dickinson has a market cap of $15.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Becton Dickinson a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Becton Dickinson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Becton Dickinson Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts