3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, State Street ( STT) is up $0.94 (2.1%) to $45.66 on light volume Thus far, 2.0 million shares of State Street exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.05-$45.67 after having opened the day at $45.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.72. State Street Corporation, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to institutional investors worldwide. State Street has a market cap of $21.6 billion and is part of the banking industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate State Street a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates State Street as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full State Street Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts