2. As of noon trading, Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) is up $0.56 (2.0%) to $28.76 on light volume Thus far, 2.8 million shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.23-$28.76 after having opened the day at $28.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.20. Valero Energy Corporation operates as an independent petroleum refining and marketing company. The company operates through three segments: Refining, Ethanol, and Retail. Valero Energy Corporation has a market cap of $15.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 34.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Valero Energy Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Valero Energy Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Valero Energy Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts