3. As of noon trading, BioMarin Pharmaceuticals ( BMRN) is up $11.10 (29.7%) to $48.51 on heavy volume Thus far, 10.0 million shares of BioMarin Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.99-$49.52 after having opened the day at $46.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.41. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes biopharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and rest of the world. BioMarin Pharmaceuticals has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of -48.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 7.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate BioMarin Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BioMarin Pharmaceuticals as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full BioMarin Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts