3. As of noon trading, Goldcorp ( GG) is up $0.14 (0.3%) to $43.28 on light volume Thus far, 3.0 million shares of Goldcorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $43.28-$43.97 after having opened the day at $43.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.14. Goldcorp Inc. engages in the acquisition, development, exploration, and operation of precious metal properties. It primarily explores gold, silver, copper, lead, and zinc. Goldcorp has a market cap of $36.8 billion and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Goldcorp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Goldcorp as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Goldcorp Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts