4. As of noon trading, Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) is up $1.96 (3.7%) to $55.01 on light volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.05-$55.04 after having opened the day at $53.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.05. Marathon Petroleum Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in refining, transporting, and marketing petroleum products primarily in the United States. Marathon Petroleum has a market cap of $18.3 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 62.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Marathon Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marathon Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Get the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts