1. As of noon trading, CBS Corporation ( CBS) is up $0.80 (2.4%) to $34.02 on light volume Thus far, 3.6 million shares of CBS Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.79-$34.34 after having opened the day at $33.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.21. CBS Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a mass media company in the United States and internationally. CBS Corporation has a market cap of $20.0 billion and is part of the media industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate CBS Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CBS Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full CBS Corporation Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts