1. As of noon trading, Schlumberger ( SLB) is up $0.74 (1.1%) to $69.51 on light volume Thus far, 2.6 million shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $68.63-$69.84 after having opened the day at $68.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.77. Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to the oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. Schlumberger has a market cap of $93.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Schlumberger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Schlumberger Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts