4. As of noon trading, Hess ( HES) is up $0.62 (1.2%) to $54.01 on average volume Thus far, 2.4 million shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.84-$54.75 after having opened the day at $54.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.39. Hess Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Production (E&P) and Marketing and Refining (M&R). Hess has a market cap of $18.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Hess a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Hess as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its expanding profit margins. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Hess Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts