3 Stocks Pushing The Consumer Durables Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Xerox Corporation ( XRX) is up $0.06 (0.9%) to $6.53 on light volume Thus far, 3.0 million shares of Xerox Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $6.38-$6.58 after having opened the day at $6.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.47. Xerox Corporation provides business process and information technology (IT) outsourcing, and document management services worldwide. Xerox Corporation has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 18.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Xerox Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xerox Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Get the full Xerox Corporation Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer durables industry could consider Consumer Discretionary Sel Sec SPDR ( XLY) while those bearish on the consumer durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts