SAN FRANCISCO and HILDEN, Germany, November 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- First products simplify and shorten pre-analytical steps in next-generation sequencing
- Consumable products are built on QIAGEN's core technology and planned to be integrated into complete sample-to-result workflows
- Pre-analytic kits are compatible with any next-generation sequencing platform
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced the first product launches in its initiative to advance routine workflows in next-generation sequencing (NGS) applications. At the annual meeting of the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG) in San Francisco, QIAGEN will present four new products that improve critical sample preparation processes in the pre-analytical phase of next-generation sequencing. At ASHG, QIAGEN also will provide an outlook on additional pre-analytical products under development for advanced NGS workflow solutions, which are planned for launch in early 2013.
The QIAGEN pre-analytical products are "universal," compatible with any NGS platform in the market and functional in a wide range of NGS applications. They represent the first launches in the QIAGEN initiative unveiled earlier this year, which aims to integrate sample preparation products and novel assay technologies into complete workflows for next-generation sequencing.
"QIAGEN is in a unique position to improve the pre-analytical workflow of NGS based on our core expertise in sample technologies and know-how as well as our portfolio of proprietary technologies. These four new products simplify the pre-analytical steps, reduce hands-on time and provide easier-to-use protocols for labs using any NGS platform," said Dr. Dietrich Hauffe, Senior Vice President, Life Sciences Business Area, for QIAGEN. "These kits are the first in a broad range of products we believe will transform the workflow for next-generation sequencing. QIAGEN is committed to creating complete sample-to-result solutions for NGS, combining innovative instrumentation and consumables for clinical research and healthcare applications. We are looking forward to launching a fully integrated, sample to result solution including our recently announced next generation benchtop sequencer module in 2013. We decided to make these pre-analytical products available already today as they can benefit so many laboratories by improving workflows across a variety of NGS applications."QIAGEN products slated for introduction in 2013 include solutions for integrated sample preparation (primary sample to enriched templates), an innovative next-generation benchtop sequencer, now in an advanced stage of development, new bioinformatics aimed at accelerating NGS analysis time, and a portfolio of gene panels for targeted NGS analysis, starting with preconfigured gene panels for use in cancer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV