Time Home Entertainment Inc. And MAD Magazine Announce Totally MAD: 60 Years Of Humor, Satire, Stupidity And Stupidity
NEW YORK, Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate MAD Magazine's 60 th anniversary, Time Home Entertainment Inc. is foolishly teaming up with MAD Magazine on Totally MAD, a new collection of the legendary humor magazine's high-quality idiocy that is so widely un-anticipated, this overblown press release is needed to call attention to it.
Totally MAD (Time Home Entertainment Inc.; $34.95) is on sale now and available at retailers nationwide and http://totallymadbook.com. (The date when booksellers start slapping that giant "75% Off" sticker on the front cover obscuring the book's title has not yet been determined.)
Organized by decade, this oversized 256-page book features some of the world's best comedy writers, cartoonists and humorous illustrators – "The Usual Gang of Idiots" – as they have long called themselves. In addition, the book includes numbered pages for maximum reader convenience.
Totally MAD features a special foreword by long-time MAD fans Stephen Colbert and Eric Drysdale, plus five exclusive essays about MAD's cultural impact, the origin of Alfred E. Neuman and the magazine's history, including its landmark Supreme Court win against Irving Berlin, establishing the right to publish satirical lyrics.As a bonus, the book features a removable set of 12 classic front covers, dubbed "The Soul of MAD" by MAD Founder and Publisher William M. Gaines. Each print was selected for its uniqueness, artistic achievement and classic timelessness, and is suitable for framing or wrapping fish. Speaking from MAD's international headquarters in midtown Manhattan, MAD Editor John Ficarra said, "I'm on the other line ordering Chinese food. I'll call you back." (Ficarra never returned the call.) Totally MAD includes such favorites as:
- Spy vs. Spy
- Al Jaffee's MAD Fold-in
- Sergio Aragones' A MAD Look At...
- David Berg's The Lighter Side of...
- Outrageous artwork of Don Martin and Tom Bunk
- Movie and TV satires by Mort Drucker, Jack Davis and Tom Richmond
- The MAD Strip Club
- The Fundalini Pages
- And much more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV