'Superstorm' Hurricane Sandy 2012 Extraordinary Threat Has No Impact For Customers' Service
PEARL RIVER, N.Y., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Blue Hill Data Services, a Computer Technologies U.S.A. LLC company, announced that Hurricane Sandy had no impact on their customers' service and did not experience any power outages. The company's production data center in Pearl River, NY operated at optimum levels as the 'highly fault tolerant, redundant data center it is. Their other data centers in Branchburg, NJ and Shelton, CT also continued to provide customer support with no interruptions. The storm was closely monitored and the company's process for Preparedness and Reliability was activated according to plan.
In preparation, notices were sent to all customers on October 26 th before the storm, reacquainting them with the data center facility and the measures that were being put into place. Updates were then sent to all customers every three hours beginning October 29 th until the final update on October 30 th at 3:00pm: "All systems at Blue Hill Data Services continue to be fully operational. There have been no issues with the facility during the Hurricane Sandy event."
Blue Hill's production data center is a hardened, fault tolerant facility powered by two separate primary distribution utility electrical feeds, with both feeds coming into the facility by underground conduit.
This was a full team effort and customers sent notes of appreciation:
- "I want to take this opportunity to thank the staff for all the extra effort they put in this past week. The operators, production control staff and technical staff kept things running at a normal pace and never missed a beat... I especially want to thank the networking staff... Thank you again for working through these difficult circumstances. I'm sure each of you has family and home concerns to deal with and we really appreciate your team's dedication."
- "Well done! I appreciated the updates. I hope your recovery from this storm is rapid. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers."
- "I am glad that you came through the storm well. I hope that all employees of Blue Hill Data Services faired well. We as customers, greatly appreciate their efforts."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV