CNA Financial Corporation (NYSE: CNA) today announced the appointment of James Anderson as senior vice president, Financial Planning & Analysis and Corporate Development effective November 5, 2012.
“We are pleased to have James join the CNA team in this critical role,” said Craig Mense, CNA’s executive vice president and chief financial officer. “He is a proven leader whose expertise will ensure the financial alignment of strategic initiatives to the broader corporate agenda.”
In this role, Anderson will be responsible for corporate mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. He will also lead all aspects of corporate financial planning and analysis, as well as investor relations.
Anderson brings to CNA more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. He has spent most of his investment banking career focused on the property & casualty insurance sector advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets transactions. He most recently served as managing director at the Macquarie Group Limited, where he led the insurance practice and team. Prior to Macquarie, Anderson spent five years with Accenture.Serving businesses and professionals since 1897, CNA is the country’s seventh largest commercial insurance writer and the 13 th largest property and casualty company. CNA’s insurance products include standard commercial lines, specialty lines, surety, marine and other property and casualty coverages. CNA's services include risk management, information services, underwriting, risk control and claims administration. For more information, please visit CNA at www.cna.com. CNA is a registered trademark of CNA Financial Corporation. Follow CNA on: Facebook | Twitter
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV