- The USAGE survey shows side effects and cost are the paramount concerns for patients who stop taking their statins: 2
- Side effects (62%) and cost (17%) emerged as the leading reasons why survey respondents stopped taking their statin, with lack of treatment efficacy (12%) cited as third most important.
- While 85% of respondents cited their doctors as one of their two most valuable sources for health information, 34% discontinued their statin without consulting their doctor.
- While 81% of patients surveyed report being satisfied with their doctor's explanation of treatment, there is still room for improvement in the doctor-patient dialogue: 2
- Recollection of cholesterol levels is poor—respondents were more likely to remember their pant size from high school than their most recent cholesterol level (64% vs. 46%).
- The average respondent uses three prescription and/or non-prescription products with drug-drug interaction potential; yet only 38% of all respondents stated they were concerned with potential drug interactions.
- Importantly, four out of ten respondents (42%) who are concerned about DDIs but did not speak with their doctor about it say they rely on their pharmacist to identify potential interactions. While discussions at the pharmacy are important, it is also critical for doctors to be a part of this conversation to address concerns about potential DDIs.
Results From The Largest Known Cholesterol Survey Conducted In The U.S. Announced At The American Heart Association's Annual Scientific Sessions
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.