BENTONVILLE, Ark., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the 2012 Sam's Club Study on Holiday Cheer 1, 50 percent of American consumers say that dinner with family and friends best defines holiday cheer. As homes across the U.S. prepare to host hungry guests this holiday, Sam's Club enlists all-star Pastry Chef Chris Hanmer to inspire hosts with time-saving baking secrets. As the newest member of the Sam's Club Simply Delicious Chef Brigade, Chef Hanmer is the founder of The School of Pastry Design in Las Vegas, NV and winner of BRAVO's "Top Chef: Just Desserts" 2011 competition. In 2012, Chef Hanmer shares unexpectedly easy-to-make dessert recipes and short but sweet baking tips at SamsClub.com/meals.
Using quality ingredients sourced from Sam's Club, Chef Hanmer unveils three straightforward recipes: His Crispy Holiday Vanilla Cookie makes a great DIY gift; Roasted Honeycrisp Apple Creme Brulee with fresh fruit is deceptively simple to bake; and Chef's Heavenly Holiday Chocolate Almond Cake (recipe enclosed) will satisfy guests with each bite. Members can follow Chef Hanmer's step-by-step instruction at SamsClub.com/meals "Tips & Videos" tab or view photos and printable recipes on the "Easy Recipes" tab.
"No holiday meal is complete without dessert. However, adding sweets onto the menu should not mean excess time in the kitchen," said Chef Hanmer. "When creating homemade desserts, I combine seasonal ingredients with baking essentials to lock in great holiday flavors without a lot of extra work. I can depend on the quality of ingredients at Sam's Club to stock the pantry for holiday baking - from oils, flour and spices to crunchy nuts and chocolate chips. Buying bulk sizes of these essentials is a great value, and from November to New Year's, I know I'll have all I need to sweeten every holiday occasion."
Holiday Taste of Sam's Club – Nov. 16 to 18 Like many all-star chefs, Hanmer recommends that to guarantee rave reviews, sample key menu items before serving to others. From November 16 to 18, Sam's Club gives members and guests a delicious opportunity to "try before they buy" at the 10th annual "Holiday Taste of Sam's Club" event. From 12pm to 5pm each day, Sam's Club provides free samples of the best bites in holiday entertaining, including:
- Gourmet-to-go cookies, artisan fresh pies and pre-sliced cheesecakes make special holiday desserts or delicious hostess gifts
- Elegant ready-made appetizers from chicken & bacon bruschetta to bacon-wrapped shrimp, pop in the oven and cheer up guests awaiting the big meal
- Fresh meats – from hickory-smoked and spiral-sliced ham to savory sirloin and leg of lamb, high quality meats are crowd-pleasing as a main course and as leftovers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV