Infinity Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: INFI) today announced that data from its ongoing Phase 1 trial of IPI-145, the company’s potent, oral inhibitor of phosphoinositide-3-kinase (PI3K)-delta and PI3K-gamma will be presented at the 54 th American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exhibition. The Phase 1 trial of IPI-145 is an open-label, dose-escalation study evaluating IPI-145 in patients with advanced hematologic malignancies. The presentation will include data describing the safety, pharmacokinetics and clinical activity of IPI-145. The ASH meeting is being held in Atlanta, Georgia, from December 8 – 11, 2012.
“In this ongoing Phase 1 trial, we are very encouraged by the activity observed at the three lowest dose levels of IPI-145 evaluable for response, including responses in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, indolent non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma and mantle cell lymphoma. We have continued to make progress in this study since submitting our abstract in July. Specifically, dose escalation is still ongoing, and we expect to soon complete patient enrollment in our first expansion cohort evaluating IPI-145 at a dose of 25 mg twice daily in the same indications for which we have seen responses,” stated Julian Adams, Ph.D., president of R&D at Infinity. “We look forward to presenting updated data from this study, which will include additional safety and efficacy data from the first expansion cohort as well as the ongoing dose escalation in patients with both B-cell and T-cell malignancies.”
“IPI-145 has a number of distinct features, including high potency against PI3K-delta, the ability to inhibit PI3K-gamma and dose proportional pharmacokinetics. We believe that these properties have the potential to translate into benefits for patients and establish IPI-145 as the best-in-class PI3K inhibitor in hematologic malignancies as well as inflammation,” Dr. Adams continued.
Infinity will also host a reception on Monday, December 10, 2012, from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET to discuss IPI-145 and to review the data presented at ASH. The reception will be webcast beginning at 8:45 p.m. ET and can be accessed in the “investors/media” section of Infinity’s website, www.infi.com. A replay of the event will also be available.Poster Presentation Details
- Title: Clinical safety and activity in a Phase 1 trial of IPI-145, a potent inhibitor of phosphoinositide-3-kinase (PI3K)-delta,gamma in patients with advanced hematologic malignancies (Abstract #3663)
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. ET (viewing) and 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (presentation)
- Presenter: Ian W. Flinn, M.D., Ph.D., Director, Hematologic Malignancies Research Program, Sarah Cannon Research Institute
- Location: Georgia World Congress Center, Hall B1-B2.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV