Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
Updated from 10:15 a.m. ET to include closing information.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Monday:
Strong numbers from payroll processor Automatic Data Processing (ADP) is good news for employment in America, Cramer said. He is also bullish on Qualcomm (QCOM), a company that benefits as 4G smart devices continue to proliferate faster than expected.
ADP closed off 1.7% while Qualcomm finished the day up nearly 2%.Shares of Cisco (CSCO) will continue to suffer as telco spending remains sluggish. He was also bearish on NRG Energy (NRG) because the company has a focus on electric cars. Cisco shares were virtually unchanged at the close Monday while NRG were off nearly 1%. In the health-care space, Cramer said UnitedHealth Group (UNH) continues to do well, even under the Obama administration, as does orphan drug maker BioMarin (BMRN), which received positive news of one of its drugs earlier Monday. UNH closed nearly 1% lower while those of BioMarin jumped a healthy 31%. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV