In honor of American Diabetes Month in November, Rite Aid is renewing its commitment to being a year-round support network for the 26 million Americans living with diabetes and their caregivers. All 4,600 Rite Aid stores nationwide are offering diabetes support to all customers in addition to exclusive benefits and savings for members of wellness+ for diabetes. In November, all stores are also raising funds to support the American Diabetes Association.
Debuting in fall of 2011 as an extension of Rite Aid's free customer loyalty program wellness+, wellness+ for diabetes is Rite Aid's free diabetes support program that gives members exclusive access to Rite Aid pharmacists with special training in diabetes management as well as access to year-round savings on many common diabetes products. Customers can sign up online at www.riteaid.com/diabetes or in any store, where they are welcomed to the program with a free Diabetes Lifestyle Management Kit* containing Rite Aid's free informational guide on diabetes and a $100 coupon book for diabetes products.
"Living with diabetes can feel overwhelming, but Rite Aid is committed to making it easier by being a year-round destination for diabetes support," said Robert I. Thompson, Rite Aid executive vice president of pharmacy. "By enrolling in wellness+ for diabetes, our customers instantly get a wide range of resources including the ability to call or chat online with a Rite Aid pharmacist specially trained as a diabetes care specialist."
Support resources and exclusive savings offered to wellness+ for diabetes members include:
- Free wellness consultations with Rite Aid pharmacists specially trained as diabetes care specialists. Members are given access to a toll-free number where they can be connected during regular business hours with a pharmacist who can discuss diabetes management. Members can also log in to www.riteaid.com/diabetes to chat with a pharmacist 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free 12-page, color Diabetes Health guides available to any visitor to any Rite Aid store. Guides explain the different types of diabetes and its causes and potential complications if not managed successfully. Guides also include an American Diabetes Association risk test for type 2 diabetes and offer information on meal planning, blood sugar testing, exercise, parts of the body often affected by diabetes, and how and when to seek diabetes care for those specific body parts.
- A monthly email newsletter with information on living with diabetes and additional products savings.
- The ability to earn a recurring $10 +UP Reward for every $50 spent on participating diabetes products at Rite Aid. +UP Rewards are special rewards earned when certain items or groups of items are purchased that can be used like cash toward a qualifying purchase at a future Rite Aid visit.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV