IntercontinentalExchange (ICE) posted lower-than-expected third-quarter revenue amid a slump in credit default swap activity and a decline in trading volume for over-the-counter North American natural gas and power contracts. Earnings per share beat expectations amid expense declines and a more favorable tax rate. Shares rose 2.6%.
Rockwell Automation (ROK) booked fiscal fourth-quarter results that exceeded Wall Street targets and provided fiscal 2013 guidance with a midpoint that surpassed expectations, as organic sales increased 5% in the quarter. Shares gained more than 3%.
Humana (HUM), the health insurer, hiked its 2012 forecast and announced the acquisition of Metropolitan Health Networks (MDF). Humana shares rose less than 1%, while Metropolitan Health's stock advanced 2.8%.
Time Warner Cable (TWC) posted third-quarter results that missed Wall Street expectations after it lost more video subscribers than expected. Shares dropped 6.7%.Transocean (RIG) shares leapt nearly 6% after the offshore contract drilling services provider reported better than expected third-quarter earnings. Shares of Japanese automaker Toyota (TM) surged nearly 5% after the company raised its full-year earnings forecast. Stifel Financial (SF) agreed to acquire KBW (KBW) for roughly $575 million. The deal creates a middle-market investment bank with a focus on the financial services industry. Stifel shares added more than 2%, while KBW's stock jumped 7%. BioMarin Pharmaceutical (BMRN) shares soared more than 31% after the company said patients with a rare genetic disorder known as Morquio A Syndrome were able to walk further following treatment with the company's experimental drug GALNS, satisfying the main goal of a late-stage study. --Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV