ADA-ES, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADES) (“ADA”) today announced that it has been awarded two contracts for activated carbon injection (ACI) systems and its wholly-owned subsidiary BCSI, LLC (“BCSI”) has been selected to supply up to four dry sorbent injection (“DSI”) systems as part of a larger air pollution control contract for a fleet of coal-fired generating plants. These contracts have a total value of up to $15 million if the fleet customer elects to purchase all of the contracted systems. These projects will begin generating revenues immediately and deliveries are scheduled over the next 15 months.
These awards are the result of the recent EPA Mercury and Air Toxics Standard (MATS) and the Cement MACT, which require coal-fired power plants and cement plants to reduce emissions of mercury and sulfuric, hydrochloric and other acid gases by April 2015. We are expecting these regulations to generate a market in excess of $1 billion for ACI and DSI systems, and we hope to maintain a combined market share of at least 35%. This would generate over $300 million in revenues for ADA over the next three years. These regulations have created a significant increase in procurement activities and we have been very busy responding to this market. ADA has active bids on over $119 million for ACI systems and over $140 million on DSI systems.
Dr. Michael Durham, President and CEO of ADA, stated, “We are very pleased to announce these contracts which represent the start of this new regulatory driven market. We expect that additional contracts for DSI and ACI systems will be awarded soon.”
About ADAADA is a leader in clean coal technology and the associated specialty chemicals, serving the coal-fueled power plant industry. Our proprietary environmental technologies and specialty chemicals enable power plants to enhance existing air pollution control equipment, minimize mercury, CO 2 and other emissions, maximize capacity, and improve operating efficiencies, to meet the challenges of existing and pending emission control regulations. With respect to mercury emissions:
- Through our consolidated subsidiary, Clean Coal Solutions, LLC (“CCS”), we provide our patented Refined Coal (“RC”) CyClean™ technology to enhance combustion of and reduce emissions from burning Powder River Basin (“PRB”) coals in cyclone boilers and our patent pending M-45™ technology for other types of coal and boilers. Both technologies reduce emissions of NOx and mercury in coal fired boilers.
- We supply Activated Carbon Injection (“ACI”) and Dry Sorbent Injection (“DSI”) systems, mercury measurement instrumentation, and related services.
- Under an exclusive development and licensing agreement with Arch Coal, we are developing and commercializing an enhanced PRB coal with reduced emissions of mercury and other metals.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV