Blackboard Inc. President And CEO Michael Chasen To Keynote NVTC Titans Breakfast On Nov. 15
HERNDON, Va., Nov. 5, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) today announced that Blackboard Inc. President and CEO Michael Chasen will headline the organization's Titans breakfast event on Nov. 15, 2012, from 7 – 9:15 a.m. at The Ritz Carlton, Tysons Corner in McLean, Va. Chasen will share lessons from starting a company and growing it to $1.7 billion in 15 years, including how he positioned the company for growth through innovations, acquisitions and partnerships.
Chasen, who recently announced he will be stepping down as Blackboard's CEO at the end of the year, has provided the leadership to take Blackboard from a startup company with just one product and a handful of clients to a $1.7 billion company with 1,700 employees, thousands of clients, eight global locations and more than 160 partnerships.
As co-founder and CEO, Chasen oversaw Blackboard's more than 20 acquisitions and worked with Providence Equity Partners to take the company private in 2011. His expertise managing fast-growth Internet software companies coupled with a passion to enhance education through technology has been critical to Blackboard's success.DATE: Nov. 15, 2012 TIME: 7 – 8 a.m. Registration and networking 8 – 9:15 a.m. Breakfast and program featuring Michael Chasen LOCATION: The Ritz Carlton, Tysons Corner1700 Tysons Blvd. McLean, VA Directions to The Ritz Carlton REGISTRATION: To register as a member of the press, please contact Jenna Brown at 703-904-7878, ext. 207 or email email@example.com. The event is free for press, but advanced registration is required. Press credentials are required for entry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV