Océ Business Services, a Canon Group company and a leader in managed business process services, and Dickstein Shapiro LLP, an internationally-recognized law firm, will co-present a CLE-eligible webinar, “Bringing Electronic Discovery In-House as a Managed Service.” The webinar, hosted by the Virtual LegalTech trade show, will take place during the online event on November 8, 2012 from 12:45 – 1:45 PM EDT.
The webinar highlights how the legal industry is experiencing a paradigm shift away from litigants using outsourced electronic discovery (eDiscovery) vendors. Instead, litigants now increasingly rely on in-house resources. However, creating a competent eDiscovery practice is riddled with land mines. To succeed, enterprises need to implement a correct balance of legal advocacy, technology and operational excellence.
Presentation highlights including the following:
- Practical examples from three attorneys who have implemented a “managed services” model for eDiscovery
- Ways to manage eDiscovery risk across the enterprise, such as:
- Enhancing security for client data
- Adequately supporting all legal professionals
- Implementing uniform electronic discovery best practices
- Challenges of meeting eDiscovery best practices, especially around evidence data management, chain of custody and quality control
- Two cases will be referenced:
- J-M Manufacturing v. McDermott Will, (No. BC462832, Calif. Super., Los Angeles Co.)
- Victor Stanley v. Creative Pipe, (250 F.R.D. 251 (D. Md. 2008))
Webinar presenters include Robert Milburn, Esq., Director of Discovery Solutions,Océ Business Services; Paul Perdue, Esq., Director of Practice Solutions and E-discovery, Dickstein Shapiro LLP, and Richard P. Perrin, Esq., E-Discovery Counsel, Dickstein Shapiro LLP. To register for the webinar, click here. Virtual LegalTech's fully interactive virtual environment enables show participants to do all the things they would do at a live event: attend presentations and panel discussions, talk with vendors, see product demonstrations, collect information, network with colleagues and get the latest news from the ever-evolving arena of legal technology. The show is open all year around, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.