Life Time Fitness, Inc. ( NYSE: LTM), the Healthy Way of Life Company, today announced the event schedule for the iconic 2013 Leadville Race Series. Registration now is open for the internationally-renowned series, which hosts thousands of racers annually on foot and mountain bike in some of the World’s most scenic and challenging endurance events. With a schedule that begins in April and concludes in August, endurance athletes from around the world will make the pilgrimage to the historic mining town of Leadville, Colorado with the single goal to finish a “Race Across the Sky” event.
The 2013 Leadville Race Series schedule includes:
- Leadville Qualifier: Austin Rattler – April 13
- Leadville Qualifier: Barn Burner – June 1
- Leadville Qualifier: Wilmington Whiteface 100 – June 16
- Leadville Trail 100 Run Training Camp – June 22-24
- Leadville Trail Marathon – June 29
- Leadville Trail Heavy Half Marathon – June 29
- Leadville Trial 100 MTB Training Camp 1 – July 4-7
- Leadville Trail 100 MTB Training Camp 2 – July 8-11
- Leadville Qualifier: Silver Rush 50 MTB – July 13
- Leadville Silver Rush 50 Trail Run – July 14
- Leadville Qualifier: Tahoe Trail 100 – July 20
- Leadville Trail 100 MTB – August 10
- Leadville 10K Run – August 11
- Leadville Trail 100 Run – August 17-18
Endurance athletes seeking the ultimate of challenges also may register to be a part of the Leadman division, in which participants must complete five of the Leadville Race Series events: the Leadville Trail Marathon, Leadville Silver Rush 50 MTB or Run, Leadville Trail 100 MTB, Leadville Trail 10K Run and the Leadville Trial 100 Run. In 2012, 35 participants achieved Leadman status out of 68 starters. Leadman division registrants are able to bypass the lottery system that otherwise determine entry into the sought after Leadville Trail 100 MTB.
Registration for the Leadville Trail 100 Run, as well as the Leadville Trail 100 Run Training Camp, and Leadville Trail 100 MTB Training Camp 1 and 2, opens on January 1, 2013, and are open until filled. The lottery for the Leadville Trail 100 MTB opens January 1, 2013 and closes on January 31, 2013, with notifications distributed on February 15.