Initial impressions of the iPad Mini are overwhelmingly positive, despite the significantly higher price point for its smaller tablet, than its competitors. Yet, CEO Tim Cook was quick to say the iPad Mini is not like the other 7-inch tablets on Apple's earnings call.
"Let me be clear. We would not make one of the 7-inch tablets," Cook said. "We don't think they're good products."
The iPad Mini starts at $329. For instance, the Amazon Kindle Fire HD starts at $199.
Rounding out the top five tablet makers are Amazon, ASUS and Lenovo.Apple shares were higher in premarket trading Monday, up 1.22% to $583.86. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV